Re: pip install succeeds, ImportError on import

gavinswanson@...

I went through a long process of doing that yesterday. Same result.
I also noticed while doing it that appveyor is pulling the latest dev build of gdal, rather than the latest release, but not for the libs. Is this intentional?

Link to latest dev:

https://github.com/Toblerity/Fiona/blob/71f34cfa914d4ca218c395657366042823b8969b/appveyor.yml#L77

As in here: http://www.gisinternals.com/query.html?content=filelist&file=release-1911-x64-gdal-mapserver.zip

Link to stable daily libs:

https://github.com/Toblerity/Fiona/blob/71f34cfa914d4ca218c395657366042823b8969b/appveyor.yml#L78

as in here: http://www.gisinternals.com/query.html?content=filelist&file=release-1911-x64-gdal-3-0-mapserver-7-4.zip

In the interest of getting the actual project moving I did break down and start from scratch on an Anaconda env, which ended up working for me. I was having issues initially, that's why I went down the path of pip install/build for everything.

Understood that currently pre-built binaries are the way to go... But shouldn't the goal be at least pre-built wheels?

I've got some time to kick this around a little if I can get some assistance.