Re: installing Fiona and conflicting instillation information for Windows

René Buffat

I have to say it is a long time ago since I used these wheels on Windows. From what I remember there was no need to set any paths. However, it was important to install all the necessary dependencies (MS C++ redistributable, pip, numpy, gdal etc.). But this could have changed.

An alternative would be to use conda. The benefit of using conda is that you can install packages over an index and you don't have to install them manually. Fiona is available in conda-forge: https://github.com/conda-forge/fiona-feedstock However, I never used conda on Windows, thus I can't say too much about it.