Can Fiona recognize the AWS_PROFILE variable?

Tim Hopper

The AWS CLI, Pandas, and other tools recognize the AWS_PROFILE variable to indicate where to find credentials for accessing AWS resources (e.g. S3).

My testing of Geopandas indicates that Fiona doesn’t recognize this environmental variable. Is this correct?

Is there any alternative way to get Geopandas/Fiona to discover specific AWS from a file? My code, as of now, works with an attached IAM role on an EC2 instance, but I can’t run it locally with credentials.

NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. Any e-mail reply to this address may be subject to interception or monitoring for operational reasons or for lawful business practices