Re: Attempting to find version of GDAL installed

Orry Messer

Thanks Sean!

Well, it appears that the libgdal shared library which fiona is linking resides in /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/fiona/.libs, rather than /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib - which leads me to believe that fiona has obtained its GDAL dependencies from PyPI.

What I am struggling with, is that locally, on my dev machine, fiona does not seem to be getting GDAL dependencies from PyPI, where as on my CI/CD server, it is getting its dependencies and so the result of "pip install fiona" works. Do you have any idea why this may be the case?

- Orry