When Fiona opens a directory of shapefiles, does it detect if a file is missing? If so, how do I catch the error?

Sean Gillies

GDAL, the library that fiona uses, can succeed in the absence of some shapefile members and won't necessarily report their absence. You'll need to validate the data using other methods.

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 7:39 PM <joe.huang@...> wrote:
My application requires that uploaded shapefiles require .shp, .dbf, .shx, and .prj. Is there a way that fiona.open() checks for that?

--
Sean Gillies

joe.huang@...